Buy Cigars Online in Canada
Showing all 14 results
What are Cigars?
Cigars are a type of tobacco product that is typically composed of fermented and aged tobacco leaves wrapped in a tobacco leaf wrapper. They are known for their distinctive shape, larger size compared to cigarettes, and the process of enjoyment that involves slowly savouring the flavours and aromas.
Cigars are often associated with luxury and are considered a premium tobacco products. They are crafted by skilled artisans who carefully select and blend different types of tobacco leaves to create a unique flavour profile. The leaves used in cigars are typically grown in countries such as Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Honduras, Nicaragua, and others known for their tobacco production.
The tobacco leaves used in cigars undergo a fermentation and aging process, which helps to enhance the flavours and reduce any harshness. The wrapper leaf, which is the outermost layer of the cigar, is chosen for its visual appeal and its ability to contribute to the overall flavour experience.
Smoking a cigar is different from smoking a cigarette. Cigar smoking is typically a slower and more contemplative process. It involves gently puffing on the cigar to draw in the smoke, allowing it to linger in the mouth, and exhaling slowly to appreciate the flavours and aromas. Cigars are often enjoyed for their rich and complex taste, which can vary depending on the blend of tobacco used and the length and thickness of the cigar.
It’s worth noting that while cigar smoking can be an enjoyable pastime for some, it also carries health risks. Cigars contain nicotine and other harmful substances found in tobacco, and regular cigar smoking has been linked to various health problems, including lung and oral cancers, heart disease, and respiratory issues.
Cigars vs Cigarettes: What’s the Difference?
Cigars and cigarettes are both tobacco products, but they have several key differences in terms of their composition, manufacturing process, size, smoking method, and cultural associations.
Here are some of the main differences between cigars and cigarettes:
- Composition: Cigars are typically made from whole tobacco leaves, while cigarettes are made from processed tobacco, including chopped tobacco leaves mixed with additives.
- Size: Cigars are generally larger and thicker than cigarettes. Cigars come in various sizes, ranging from small cigarillos to large, hand-rolled cigars. Cigarettes are usually slim and have a standard size.
- Manufacturing process: Cigars are hand-rolled or machine-rolled using whole tobacco leaves. Cigarettes are manufactured by machines that tightly pack processed tobacco into paper tubes.
- Smoking method: Cigars are meant to be smoked differently than cigarettes. Cigar smoking is typically a slower, more leisurely experience. Cigar smokers often savour the flavours and aromas by gently puffing and allowing the smoke to linger in their mouths. Cigarettes, on the other hand, are typically smoked by inhaling the smoke directly into the lungs.
- Additives: Cigarettes often contain various additives, such as chemicals, flavours, and preservatives, which are added during the manufacturing process to enhance the taste and aroma. Cigars generally have a simpler composition and fewer additives.
- Cultural associations: Cigars are often associated with luxury, celebration, and relaxation. They are commonly enjoyed on special occasions or as a symbol of prestige. Cigars have a long history and are sometimes seen as a traditional form of tobacco enjoyment. Cigarettes, on the other hand, have more widespread use and are often associated with regular, everyday smoking.
- Health risks: While both cigars and cigarettes contain tobacco and pose health risks, cigars generally have a higher concentration of tobacco and nicotine. Cigar smoke is typically not inhaled deeply into the lungs, but it can still expose the smoker to harmful substances. Regular cigar smoking has been linked to various health issues, including oral, throat, and lung cancers, as well as heart disease.
It’s important to note that both cigars and cigarettes carry health risks, and quitting or avoiding tobacco use altogether is the best way to protect your health.
Is it Legal to Buy Cigars Online in Canada?
It is legal to buy cigars online in Canada, provided certain regulations and restrictions are followed. However, it’s important to note that laws and regulations can change over time, and it’s always best to check the most up-to-date information.
In Canada, the sale and purchase of tobacco products, including cigars, are regulated by both federal and provincial laws. These laws aim to protect public health and safety and often include age restrictions and packaging requirements.
When buying cigars online in Canada, you may need to meet the following requirements:
- Age restrictions: The legal age to purchase tobacco products, including cigars, varies by province or territory. In most provinces, the minimum age is 19, while it is 18 in Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec. You will likely be required to provide proof of age when ordering cigars online.
- Retailer compliance: Ensure that the online retailer you choose is licensed and compliant with the regulations of your province or territory. Reputable online cigar retailers will have measures in place to verify the age of buyers and comply with other legal requirements.
- Taxes and duties: Tobacco products are subject to various taxes and duties in Canada. The online retailer should clearly state any applicable taxes and fees associated with your purchase. Additionally, you may be responsible for paying these taxes and duties upon delivery.
- Shipping restrictions: Shipping of tobacco products may be subject to restrictions or limitations imposed by both federal and provincial regulations. Some provinces may have specific rules regarding the shipment of tobacco products, including age verification and packaging requirements.
To ensure compliance with current laws and regulations, it is advisable to consult the specific provincial or territorial authorities responsible for tobacco regulation or seek guidance from legal professionals or reputable online cigar retailers in Canada.
Benefits of Smoking Cigars
People smoke cigars for various reasons, and the motivations can vary from person to person.
Here are some common reasons why people choose to smoke cigars:
- Flavour and aroma: Cigars are known for their distinct flavours and aromas. The blend of different types of tobacco leaves and the aging process can result in a wide range of flavours, from earthy and woody to sweet and spicy. Many cigar enthusiasts appreciate the complex taste profiles and enjoy exploring the nuances and subtleties of different cigars.
- Relaxation and contemplation: Smoking a cigar is often seen as a leisurely activity that allows individuals to relax, unwind, and take a break from the demands of everyday life. The ritualistic nature of cigar smoking, including the careful selection, cutting, and lighting of the cigar, can provide a sense of mindfulness and contemplation.
- Socialization and camaraderie: Cigar smoking has a long history of being associated with social gatherings and shared experiences. It can serve as a way to connect with others, engage in conversations, and build relationships. Cigar lounges and cigar clubs are common places where enthusiasts can come together to enjoy cigars, exchange knowledge, and bond over a shared passion.
- Celebration and special occasions: Cigars are often enjoyed on special occasions or as a way to commemorate milestones. They can be seen as a symbol of luxury, success, or achievement. It is not uncommon to see cigars being passed out at weddings, births, graduations, or business milestones.
- Appreciation of craftsmanship: Cigars are handcrafted products that require skill and expertise to produce. Some people enjoy the artistry and craftsmanship involved in making cigars. They appreciate the meticulous blending of tobaccos, the hand-rolling process, and the aesthetic appeal of well-crafted cigars.
- Tradition and cultural significance: Cigar smoking has deep-rooted cultural significance in certain regions and communities. It may be part of cultural traditions, rituals, or customs that have been passed down through generations.
It’s important to note that while cigar smoking can be a source of pleasure for some, it also carries health risks. Cigars, like other tobacco products, contain nicotine and other harmful substances. Regular cigar smoking has been associated with various health problems, including cancers, heart disease, and respiratory issues.
Health Information About Cigars
Cigar smoking, like any form of tobacco use, poses significant health risks.
Here is some important health information about cigars:
- Cancer risk: Cigar smoke contains harmful chemicals and carcinogens that can increase the risk of various types of cancers, including lung, oral, throat, esophageal, and pancreatic cancers. Even if you do not inhale cigar smoke, the chemicals can still be absorbed through the lining of your mouth, throat, and lungs.
- Heart disease: Cigar smoking has been linked to an increased risk of heart disease, including heart attacks, strokes, and other cardiovascular conditions. The toxins in cigar smoke can damage blood vessels, increase blood pressure, and contribute to the development of plaque in the arteries.
- Respiratory issues: Cigar smoke can irritate the respiratory system and cause or exacerbate respiratory conditions such as chronic bronchitis and asthma. It can lead to symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, and chronic mucus production.
- Secondhand smoke: Cigar smoke contains many of the same harmful substances as cigarette smoke. If you smoke cigars around others, they are exposed to secondhand smoke, which can increase their risk of developing similar health problems, including cancer and heart disease.
- Nicotine addiction: Cigars, including premium cigars, contain nicotine, which is a highly addictive substance. Nicotine addiction can lead to dependence and make quitting cigar smoking challenging.
- Oral health risks: Cigar smoking is associated with an increased risk of oral health problems, including gum disease, tooth loss, and oral cancers. The heat and chemicals from the cigar can damage oral tissues and contribute to these conditions.
It’s worth noting that the health risks associated with cigars are not eliminated by smoking them less frequently or avoiding inhaling the smoke. Even occasional cigar smoking can have detrimental effects on health. Quitting cigar smoking or avoiding tobacco use altogether is the most effective way to reduce these health risks.
If you’re considering quitting cigar smoking or need assistance with tobacco cessation, it’s recommended to consult with a healthcare professional or seek support from organizations that specialize in smoking cessation programs. They can provide guidance, resources, and strategies to help you quit and improve your overall health.
Why Buy Cigars Online in Canada?
There are several reasons why individuals may choose to buy cigars online in Canada:
- Convenience: Online shopping provides the convenience of browsing and purchasing cigars from the comfort of your own home. You can explore a wide variety of cigar brands, sizes, and flavours without having to visit multiple physical stores.
- Selection: Online cigar retailers often have a broader selection of cigars compared to brick-and-mortar shops. You can access a wide range of brands, including both domestic and international options. This allows you to explore and try different cigars that may not be readily available in local stores.
- Competitive pricing: Online retailers may offer competitive prices due to reduced overhead costs compared to physical stores. This can result in potential cost savings for customers, especially when purchasing in larger quantities or during promotional periods.
- Access to information: Online cigar retailers typically provide detailed product information, including flavour profiles, strength levels, and customer reviews. This information can help you make informed choices based on your preferences and desired smoking experience.
- Delivery to your doorstep: Buying cigars online eliminates the need to travel to a physical store. Instead, your cigars can be conveniently delivered directly to your doorstep, saving you time and effort. It’s important to be aware of any applicable shipping fees, delivery times, and restrictions related to the shipment of tobacco products.
- Privacy: Some individuals may prefer the privacy and discretion that online shopping provides. You can make your purchase without the need for face-to-face interaction or exposure in a public setting.
When buying cigars online in Canada, it’s important to ensure that you are purchasing from a reputable and licensed retailer that complies with all relevant laws and regulations. Additionally, be aware of age restrictions, shipping limitations, and any applicable taxes or duties associated with your purchase.
How Much Do Cigars Cost in Canada?
The cost of cigars in Canada can vary depending on several factors, such as the brand, size, quality, and where you purchase them.
In general, premium hand-rolled cigars tend to be more expensive compared to machine-made cigars or cigarillos. The price range for premium cigars can vary significantly, starting from around CAD 5 to well over CAD 50 per cigar.
Here are some approximate price ranges for cigars in Canada:
- Budget or machine-made cigars: These cigars are typically less expensive and may range from CAD 2 to CAD 10 per cigar.
- Mid-range hand-rolled cigars: These cigars are of higher quality and craftsmanship compared to budget options. Prices for mid-range cigars can range from CAD 10 to CAD 30 per cigar.
- Premium hand-rolled cigars: Premium cigars are often considered luxury items and can be quite costly. The prices for premium cigars can range from CAD 20 to CAD 50 or more per cigar, depending on the brand, size, and rarity.
It’s worth mentioning that taxes can significantly impact the cost of cigars in Canada. Tobacco products, including cigars, are subject to various federal and provincial taxes, which can vary across different regions. Additionally, some provinces may apply additional taxes or fees on top of the federal taxes.
Prices can also vary depending on where you purchase cigars. Brick-and-mortar tobacco shops, cigar lounges, and specialty retailers may have different pricing structures compared to online retailers. It’s recommended to research and compare prices from different sources to find the best options within your budget.
Please note that these price ranges are approximate and can vary based on factors such as regional variations, market conditions, and individual retailer pricing strategies.
How to Find the Best Deals on Cigars?
Finding the best deals on cigars can be a combination of research, patience, and keeping an eye out for discounts and promotions.
Here are some tips to help you find good deals on cigars:
- Online retailers: Explore reputable online cigar retailers that offer competitive prices. Compare prices across different websites to find the best deals. Look for online retailers that offer discounts, promotions, or bundle deals on cigars.
- Subscribe to newsletters: Sign up for newsletters or email lists of cigar retailers or manufacturers. They often send out updates about special offers, discounts, and exclusive promotions to their subscribers.
- Follow social media: Follow cigar retailers and manufacturers on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. They may announce flash sales, limited-time offers, or discount codes exclusively for their followers.
- Cigar forums and communities: Join online cigar forums and communities where enthusiasts discuss their favourite cigars and share information about deals and discounts they have come across. These communities can be valuable resources for finding insider tips and recommendations.
- Local cigar shops: Visit your local brick-and-mortar cigar shops and inquire about any ongoing sales, promotions, or loyalty programs they offer. Some stores may have regular discounts on specific brands or cigar lines.
- Clearance and discontinued items: Keep an eye out for clearance sales or discounted prices on cigars that are being discontinued or are overstocked. These cigars may still provide a great smoking experience at a lower cost.
- Buying in bulk: Purchasing cigars in larger quantities, such as boxes or bundles, can often result in per-cigar savings. Retailers may offer volume discounts or lower prices for buying in bulk.
- Seasonal promotions: Look out for seasonal promotions, such as holiday sales, Black Friday, or New Year’s discounts. Many retailers offer special deals during these periods.
- Auction sites and cigar marketplaces: Consider exploring reputable online auction sites or cigar marketplaces where you may find auctions or listings for cigars at discounted prices. Exercise caution and ensure that you are dealing with trustworthy sellers.
Remember to factor in shipping costs, taxes, and any applicable import duties when comparing prices and evaluating the overall deal. Additionally, be mindful of the authenticity and quality of the cigars you are purchasing, especially when buying from lesser-known sources.
By employing these strategies and staying vigilant, you can increase your chances of finding good deals on cigars without compromising on quality.
Smokes Canada is the Best Place to Buy Cigars Online in Canada
Smokes Canada is undeniably the pinnacle of excellence when it comes to buying cigars online in Canada. With their extensive collection of premium cigars sourced from around the globe, they offer an unparalleled selection that caters to every aficionado’s discerning taste. Their user-friendly website provides a seamless browsing experience, allowing customers to effortlessly explore a vast array of flavours, sizes, and brands.
But what truly sets Smokes Canada apart is their commitment to customer satisfaction. From their competitive prices and frequent exclusive promotions to their prompt and secure shipping, they leave no stone unturned in ensuring a delightful purchasing journey. With Smokes Canada, indulging in the world of cigars becomes an extraordinary experience where quality meets convenience.
Government of Canada. (2023). Risks of Smoking. Available at: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/smoking-tobacco/health-effects-smoking-second-hand-smoke/risks-smoking.html
Benowitz NL. Nicotine addiction. N Engl J Med. 2010 Jun 17;362(24):2295-303. doi: 10.1056/NEJMra0809890. PMID: 20554984; PMCID: PMC2928221. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2928221/